Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Legume Systems Research Course
In this spinoff course, GREAT and the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) deployed a customized gender integration course for breeders and social scientists. The course adopted a participatory hands-on approach that equips participants with skills to conceptualize, design and plan appropriate gender-responsive research, and to analyze, interpret, and integrate qualitative and quantitative sex-disaggregated data.
Custom Course For
Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Legume Systems
Connect with our team for more information about course opportunities.
- Recognize the relevance of gender to agriculture and plant breeding in sub-Saharan Africa
- Explain key concepts pertinent to market and gender-responsive plant breeding
- Conduct gender-responsive breeding priority setting
- Demonstrate the ability to design a gender responsive breeding program that draws on mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- Recognise what it takes to conduct interdisciplinary research
GREAT’s training team draws from diverse experts with deep experience in areas including plant breeding, gender theory, community development, sociology, communications, monitoring and evaluation, participatory research, rural development, and more