Delivering Gender- and Youth-Responsive Agronomic Solutions Custom Course
The training intends to enhance the ability of Use Case teams and partners to integrate gender and youth considerations in their workflows for more equitable and sustainable agronomic outcomes.
GREAT delivers courses to agricultural researchers from sub-Saharan Africa in the theory and practice of gender-responsive research, seeking to increase opportunities for equitable participation and the sharing of benefits from agricultural research and improve the outcomes for smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and farmer organizations. By building and engaging communities of researchers equipped with the skills, knowledge, and support systems to develop and implement gender-responsive projects, GREAT advances gender-responsiveness as the norm and standard for agricultural research.
Custom course for
CGIAR Excellence in Agronomy
Connect with our team for more information about courses.
- To increase the ability of the training participants to articulate the concepts and principles of gender-responsive agronomy innovation design and scaling
- To demonstrate the positive attitudes and appreciation of the value of gender-responsive agronomy innovation design
- To demonstrate comprehensive approaches and entry points for gender and youth integration in agronomy innovations design and scaling
- To enhance the knowledge and skills on how to collect, analyze and interpret data from gender diagnostic studies to inform agronomy solutions.
- To formulate an action plan for the integration of gender and youth considerations in EiA work packages
GREAT’s training team draws from diverse experts with deep experience in areas including plant breeding, gender theory, community development, sociology, communications, monitoring and evaluation, participatory research, rural development, and more