GREAT courses provide a comprehensive package combining in-depth training in three phases (two intensive in-person training modules separated by a 4 to 5-month field research phase), mentorship, and a cohort-based model. This unique and holistic approach equips research teams to incorporate gender-responsive and community-centered research into their projects, and connects research teams to a broader community of practice and professional network, enabling them to continue their professional growth after the course.
GREAT provides the following to participant teams:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) meals and lodging
- 14-days of face-to-face professional training
- Five-months of dedicated mentorship for each team
- $1,000 field-research seed grant funding available upon successful completion of Week 1
- $5,000 competitive field-research grants available at end of course for further research for publication
- Access to the GREAT professional network by being admitted to the GREAT Community of Practice that links teams to relevant literature, conferences, further training events, webinars and opportunities to publish
Partial funding support is also available on a competitive and needs-based model (to be evaluated upon application).