GREAT delivers courses to agricultural researchers from sub-Saharan Africa in the theory and practice of gender-responsive research, seeking to increase opportunities for equitable participation and the sharing of benefits from agricultural research and improve the outcomes for smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and farmer organizations across sub-Saharan Africa.
GREAT targets biophysical scientists and gender researchers engaged in agricultural research, using a blended-learning model:
- an introductory and applied module on theories and concepts of gender responsiveness;
- practical field experience collecting sex-disaggregated data from ongoing projects, supported by e-learning and mentoring;
- a module on data analysis, interpretation, feedback, and advocacy;
GREAT trainings will include courses on gender-responsive:
- Course 1: Root, Tuber and Banana Breeding (2016/17) – read about the teams that participated in our first GREAT course here...
- Course 2: Cereal Grains Breeding (2017/18) – applications are now being accepted! Apply by June 9th, 2017. Find out more...
- Course 3: Legume Breeding
- Course 4: Dairy Value Chains
- Course 5: Small Ruminants Breeding